Bout of Books 7.0 – Soundtrack Challenge
Have you ever read a book and just known the music that would go perfectly with it? Or have you ever been listening to a piece of music that became inextricably linked to a book in your mind?
So, I ask you Bouters, what music goes with your favorite books? Give me a soundtrack or an album for a book you love. You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want to! Is there one album that you feel encapsulates your reading experience? Or is there a different song for every chapter? Tell me about it! Write a post on your blog, mention it on Twitter, talk about it on your Livejournal. Just put a link in the comments so we can all enjoy it!
Here are a few examples for me:
Sometimes it’s really easy!
Sometimes the links are a little more esoteric:
Biting the Sun by Tanith Lee is beautiful. It also hurts sometimes. And it’s full of dangerous living and empty people, but it’s also full of some of the most heart-breakingly human characters I’ve ever encountered.
Boys on the Radio – HoleBei Mir Bist Du Schön – The Andrews Sisters
Valley of the Low Son – Jakob Dylan
The Lioness – Songs Ohia
Hallelujah – Any of the versions really, though for this book I’m partial to the k.d. lang version
Dangerous Game – From the Musical Jekyll & Hyde
The Highwayman – Loreena Mckennitt
Ill Wind – Ella Fitzgerald
Lowlands of Holland – Steeleye Span
I’m new to Spotify, but I tried to make a playlist with these if you aren’t familiar with them.
And! For playing my little musical game, I have fabulous prizes to offer you! I raided my Harper reps boxes today and extracted some fresh advance copies. Up for grabs in this giveaway are:
3:59 by Gretchen Mcneil
Eat Brains Love by Jeff Hart
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Leave a comment and then click the link below to enter:
– must be signed up for Bout of Books 7.0 and have your goals posted somewhere
– must be 13 years or older to enter
– contest is only open for 24 hours from 12:01 AM (CST) to midnight on May 14th
– this giveaway is international
– you don’t have to use a book from my list if you aren’t familiar with it, you can pick your own.
– link to your soundtrack in the comments! You can use your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. Anywhere you’re already talking about Bout of Books.
– prizes are: an ARC of Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund; an ARC of Eat, Brains, Love by Jeff Hart; an ARC of 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil
– prizes will be chosen randomly by Rafflecopter